Cardiff Arms Park (Cardiff Blues)



Cardiff Blues

Cardiff Blues  

Cardiff Arms Park

Westgate Street, Cardiff, Wales, CF10 1JA.

Club Website

Capacity of 13,000 Phone Number : +44 29 20 30 20 00


Cardiff Arms Park (Cardiff Blues) Cardiff Arms Park, also known as The Arms Park, is a rugby union stadium situated in the centre of Cardiff, Wales. The history of the rugby ground starts with the first stands appearing for spectators in the ground in 18811882, although the Arms Park had cricket played on the site since 1848. It is today the home to two rugby union teams, the Cardiff Blues and Cardiff Rugby Football Club. Cardiff Rugby Ground has two main stands, the North Stand, which was renamed the bmibaby.com Stand in August 2002, and the South Stand. Both the bmibaby.com Stand and the South Stand have terracing below seating. The other ends of the ground are the Westgate Street end (east), which has rows of seating below executive boxes, plus the club shop, and the River Taff end (west), which has 26 executive boxes. Cardiff Rugby Ground has two main entrances, the south entrance, and the Gwyn Nicholls Memorial Gates (north entrance), which was unveiled on 26 December 1949 in honour of the Welsh international rugby player Gwyn Nicholls. The Ground also has a clubhouse situated in the corner between the South Stand and the Westgate Street end.